Welcome to Mid Glamorgan CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale
Thank you for your interest in our website. Here you will find information on branch news and events plus other items, which may be of interest. This may include links to external sites.
The site is also a useful introduction if you want to know more about CAMRA and real ale.
- CAMRA app for ordering beer, cider and perry takeaways and deliveries.
- Pulling together to help local businesses survive Covid-19 lockdowns.
Read more ....
Meet other CAMRA members
Our branch meetings are held on the second Monday of each month and any member is welcome to attend. At the moment, all face-to-face meetings are temporarily suspended so in the meantime meetings will be held via Zoom, with the next one being on Monday 9th November at 8pm. If you wish to attend please email the Branch Chairman so he can send you the link. As soon as we are once again allowed to meet in person we will publicise the details here.
Beer Necessities Magazine
Beer Necessities magazine is produced by the South East Wales branches of CAMRA 3 times a year for distribution to real ale outlets throughout the area.
Until pubs etc. are allowed to re-open it will not be possible to distribute the usual printed versions of our magazines. Until that situation changes we will be publishing regular online issues to keep you in touch with the local beer scene. We hope you find them useful.
Download the latest edition here
Where to find Real Ale
To find outlets that serve real ale wherever you are visit CAMRA’s WhatPub website ...
Note: We have been keeping WhatPub updated with information on other services being provided during the current lockdown and you can now search for local pubs that are offering shop, takeaway or delivery services. This information is not exhaustive so if you know of more then please let us know.
and for the best of them you can consult the Good Beer Guide, published annually,
or download the Good Beer Guide App, which is updated daily.
Twitter / CAMRA_Official
- Sunday, 11:00 : Drinks educator @AlisonGrapeSoc is sharing her passion for cider & perry over on our Learn & Discover platform! Watch her 'Cider & food pairing' video guide to learn the secrets behind pairing cider with food 😋🍎 #CiderMonth @feralfruits View it here 👉 ow.ly/h8u550C0YZa pic.twitter.com/zAqHtESqzZ
- Saturday, 12:00 : We are delighted to have exceeded our @kickstarter goal for 'Modern British Cider', by @theciderologist 🎉 The campaign is still running until the end of the month - if you missed our news, have a read about the project here! 😊➡️ ow.ly/t1j350C12qZ pic.twitter.com/acx945YM1z
- Friday, 18:00 : .@simonscider has been awarded by CAMRA's Pomona Awards! Simon Gibson created mixed cider boxes during lockdown with complementary tasting sessions & is helping people across the country learn about cider & perry production. #CiderMonth 🍎 Read more 👉 ow.ly/7Mj550C0XpN pic.twitter.com/zj1cJyU4RS
- Friday, 17:00 : RT @PubsPintsPeople: LAST ORDERS! Ant, Matt & Clair have shared with us what brews they've been enjoying this week: 👇 Ant - Mann's Brown Ale by @MarstonsBrewery Clair - Cocow by @AmpersandBrewCo Matt - ALD IPA by @BrewDog Share with us below what drinks you’ve enjoyed lately! 🍻 pic.twitter.com/eKKsLXXICF
- Friday, 16:32 : Calling pub landlords! 🚨 @theipaper are looking to speak to pub landlords across the UK for a feature about the challenges they are facing due to the pandemic. They would also like to hear from landlords that have had to innovate and diversify due to the pandemic. (1/2) pic.twitter.com/o86Sl67swb